Monday, September 29, 2008

Need for Bylaws

The last year as president has been quite the challenge and a learning experience.

Nothing has symbolized that more than when the Sarah, Justin and I learned from national that MD Pro Chapter has been operating without chapter bylaws for possibly as long as a decade.

National requires all chapters to have them. They can be as simple or elaborate as you can imagine. Believe me, over the last few months, I've read more than my share form chapters large and small all over the country.

By now, you should have received a draft copy of bylaws for our chapter. As the principal drafter, I believe these bylaws give us a good solid start as we move forward with revitalizing the chapter.

Per my conversations with national leaders including Dave Aeikens, the newly sworn in national president, I have promised to deliver bylaws after the next meeting of the chapter officers.

I invite you all to read this document carefully as it guides our little democracy here in Maryland.

After reading it, please feel free to e-mail me or any of the other officers with questions or comments. You can also leave your comments here on the blog and we'll answer them for everyone else to see and comment on.

The officers will vote on these bylaws when we meet on Oct. 7 at Panera in Towson, 1238 Putty Hill Avenue, Towson, MD 21286.

No comments: